Develop Yourself and Others
A routine improvement.
Develop Yourself and Others Training Course Description
(2 hours and 40 minutes)
Here's the deal: Your managers can't give everyone their attention, which means they have to be choosy about where to focus. (After all, they still need some time to focus on their own growth.) The individuals will likely change over time, but the general rule of thumb is to focus on those who are struggling (the low performers) and those who are plateauing (high performers). Struggling might create issues; plateauing might lead to boredom.
Once your managers have done that, they have to focus on the development direction. That means learning about their peoples' interests to align the right activities that will improve performance or lead to long-term growth.
Oh yeah, and the same developmental process will work for them, too. Talk about a win-win!
The Develop Yourself and Others Quickfires training course achieves the following outcomes:
- Describe the importance of developing yourself and others.
- Analyze and determine the strengths and weaknesses of yourself and others.
- Discern the skill sets and mindsets needed to achieve career goals.
- Customize a development plan for yourself and others.
What You Get
For the sales price, you receive a license to teach this course to any and all managers and employees within your organization for one year (12 months). Digital copies of all materials you need to easily facilitate the course will be provided to you for download. The Develop Yourself and Others Quickfires training course includes:
- Prep Guide: A thorough and complete facilitation guide your facilitators can use to deliver the training.
- Cheat Sheet: An abbreviated version of the prep guide meant for use when your facilitators become more familiar and comfortable with the materials.
- Workbook: A guide for your participants containing key develop yourself and others concepts presented in the course as well as provides notes space for personal thoughts and observations.
- PowerPoint: A visual presentation used to support the training.
- Prework: A short assignment that analyzes each participant’s strengths and weaknesses (and the strengths and weaknesses of their direct reports) for later use during the in-class portion of the training.
- Postwork: A short assignment that allows participants to create and implement a personal development plan for themselves and their direct reports.
Develop Yourself and Others Training Facilitation (optional)
Not ready to facilitate on your own? We can help you out – click here.